Clarifications & Policies
- No responsibility for loss or theft of articles left in changing rooms, ballroom, or hotel rooms can be accepted by the organizer or the N.D.C.A., neither can they be held liable for injury nor illness sustained by persons attending the THE CHATTAHOOCHEE CHALLENGE. Everyone does so at his or her own risk. All persons attending this event, whether as spectators or as Officials or as Competitors or guests of the Organizer, shall be bound by N.D.C.A. rules and by participating in this event automatically become obliged to adhere to them.
- NDCA REGISTRATION: Professionals and all Amateur couples competing in any capacity must be currently registered with the N.D.C.A. and supply the Organizers with an official registration number. Register online at www.ndca.org
- SYLLABUS: Dance levels in American and International Style Closed Divisions should be based upon current NDCA, UCWDC (Country Style) or equivalent step lists. Open divisions are not material restricted.
- SCHOLARSHIP ENTRIES: These events are not separated by sex. To qualify you must enter and dance a minimum of nine (9) singles dances in the same level or below for each scholarship entry submitted. A student may compete in one scholarship in the same style, one age.
- COSTUMES: NDCA rules will be enforced. Inappropriate costuming will be grounds for disqualification. Unsure about your PRE-TEEN costuming? Please go to www.NDCA.org for details.
- SEATING: Seating preferences will be based on package and first paid, first seated. Please note that we cannot accommodate seating separate orders together as tickets are assigned when purchased.
- ON DECK AREA: Dancers are required to report to our Deck Captain 3 heats prior to their scheduled heat. Our DC cannot go looking for you. Any competitor not on the floor when the Master of Ceremonies calls, is subject to disqualification for that heat. Please be advised: changes may be made from the original program. Dancers should be in the ballroom at least 30 minutes prior to the time they are scheduled to dance.
- ADJUDICATING: The decision of the judges shall be final. Our judges are highly qualified and are not to be harassed or questioned about their reasons for markings. The Chairman of Judges shall be responsible for decisions concerning ties or any problems arising over marks. The skating system of judging shall be used. All critiques and scores will become available at dinnertime.
- LATE ENTRIES: Entries received after the deadlines are subject to a $100 late fee.
- LATE PAYMENT: All payments received after the deadline must be by cashier’s check, money order, or credit card. Personal or studio checks WILL NOT be accepted. Balance
must be paid in full prior to the competition.
- CANCELLATIONS/REFUNDS: The deadline for cancellation refunds is March 5, 2023. Cancellation made after deadline will NOT receive a refund. Any canceled entries are subject to a 20% cancellation fee. We will send a refund 30 days after the event. Absolutely no refunds will be made at the event. There are no refunds or exchanges on admission tickets.
- PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEO: Please take as many photos and videos as your heart desires.
- There will be no substituting of a student with another student during the event.